Can you still look good and feel confident while pregnant? Can you be the “hot mommy” that turns heads?
Lorraine here. And thanks for visiting my site.
And you’re reading my uncensored and unbiased review of what I thought about Pregnancy Without Pounds ebook.
Note that this is only a review.
Click Here to Visit the Official Pregnancy Without Pounds Website.
Why Did I Write This Review?
I’ve gone through four pregnancies and each time, I struggled to varying degrees with excessive weight gain (as my doctor told me during my last pregnancy). My doctor told me that I needed to exercise and eat right. Eating right was the easy part as there ‘s so much information about it…everywhere.
But when I started to look for exercise programs for women, I realized that a quality program was very difficult to find. And toward the end of my search, I found Pregnancy Without Pounds. I bought it, used it, and had great success with it. So I wanted to share with other women who were looking for more information on pregnancy related weight gain and diet/exercise programs.
How well did it work for me? Perhaps a better way to answer that question is to tell you what kind of impact it’s had on my life.
- I felt stronger and more confident about my body than I did even before I got pregnant.
- My husband looks at me in a different way (the yummy way) and we’ve been getting very close and more intimate. But can’t blame him though. That’s just how men are – visual.
- Before, he wasn’t too affectionate and left me feeling rejected and unwanted, but now he’s so much more affectionate and attentive.
- My body feels firm and toned. I can finally wear those jeans and form-fitting blouse I had been hiding in the closet for months. Feels like I’ve been set free and so alive.
- I can shop for new clothes!!!
Ok. I have to stop myself before I get too out of control. So without further wait, let’s dive into my full review of Pregnancy Without Pounds.
Just What Is Pregnancy Without Pound?
Pregnancy Without Pounds is a comprehensive collection of useful information and tools by Michelle Moss for women who want to look and feel great during and after birth. She has over 15 years of experience teaching, counselling, and coaching people on variety of topics including health, eating, and exercise. When her expectation of easy pregnancy didn’t happen, she started to look more closely into pregnancy health and this is the result.
It’s made of two separate programs (which you could buy separately if you wish, but I think it makes so much more sense to get the two together as you’ll be using both soon enough) called The Complete Pregnancy Kit and The Complete Post-Pregnancy Kit. Or if you’re like me, you can buy both together in one package called The Ultimate Pregnancy and Post-Pregnancy Kit (I know, she could have been a bit more creative with the names, but it gets the point across).
Here’s what’s included in the packages:
- Core Secrets for Pregnancy Ebook
- Pregnancy Without Pounds Ebook
- Exercise Journal
- Exercise Manual
- Weight Gain Chart both in pounds and kilos
All charts are also available in PDF format for easy printing.
Mommy Kit (Post-Pregnancy Kit)
- Mommy Core Secrets Ebook (Post Partum)
- Mommy Without Pounds Ebook
- Eating Plan Calculator and Meal Planner
- Exercise Manual
- Goal Tracker and Weight Loss Chart
- Simply Delicious Recipes
All charts are also available in PDF format for easy printing.
(I know I said it before, but just felt like I had to again)
This really does give a woman all the resources she needs to make informed decisions regarding her exercise program in order to lose weight while pregnant or after birth. But remember my warning that I’ve repeated in this site over and over and over. Losing weight while pregnant isn’t and shouldn’t be the main goal. But rather, aim to live healthy by eating right and exercising at a level that is comfortable for you. This is where Pregnancy Without Pounds comes in. It gives you the answers to questions you’ve always wondered about relating to diet, exercise, and yes, weight gain, in a clear and simple to understand manner.
A Closer Look
The Core Secrets for Pregnancy and Mommy Core Secrets are fairly similar since there really isn’t too many different things you can say about the core muscles. They cover the common problems women have with the core such as abdominal splitting, incontinence & hemorrhoids, low back pain, pelvic instability, and the ‘pooch’.
I was relieved to see that these were covered in simple and plain English so that anyone could understand. Michelle also provides detailed step by step instructions on how to identify the core muscles and engage them. Because no one actively teaches how to feel these muscles, never mind how to contract them, I found this section to be very helpful in gaining a better understanding of my body.
Michelle goes more in depth about how to find out if you have abdominal splitting and what to do.
The main part of these ebooks is the 7 simple and gentle core strengthening exercises with detailed and very clear instruction on preparation, movement, and modification, For added bonus that I just love, she even tells you how frequently you need to perform these simple exercises and takes the guessing game out.
The overall tone of the ebook is great in that it just simply states the truths and no effort taken to sugar-coat the topics, which I appreciated a lot. I mean, if you can’t be honest and very clear about these topics in a book written by a woman for women readers, then where can you be?
Here, Michelle’s writing style continues with detailed instructions and how to use the exercise routines. For the Pregnancy Exercise Manual, she adds in sensible warnings as a reminder.
In the Pregnancy Exercise Manual, the unique thing that stood out for me was the three different programs for the varying fitness levels: Tired Mama, Moderate Momma, and the Fit Mama (much cuter names this time). Each program is made of strength training section and stretch section. Again, she tells you exactly how many times a week you can or should perform them.
Needless to say at this point, but I’ll say it anyways just to be thorough, each exercise has pictures and detailed but simple instructions on how to correctly perform them. Truth of the matter is after you’ve done them a couple of times, you won’t even need to look at them, but it certainly helps when you’re trying to learn it the first time.
In the Mommy Exercise Manual, I found a few very helpful things that I wish Michelle had put in the Pregnancy Exercise Manual as well: things you’ll need for the exercise; average workout time including warm up, strength, and stretches; and cheat sheet for each of the routines without the pictures for use once you’re familiar with the exercises.
The Mommy Exercise Manual is also made of 3 programs: Stage 1 – Gentle Recovery Routine; Stage 2 – Getting Your Body Back Routine; and Stage 3 – Hot Mommy Makeover Routine. Unlike the Pregnancy Exercise Routine (where you can choose the program based on your fitness level), you will go through all of these in sequence after giving birth.
I think that sums up the exercise manuals. Let’s now talk about the main course of the package:
You can read the chapter breakdown for more detail or if you’ve seen enough, you can
Pregnancy Without Pounds & Mommy Without Pounds
Rather than trying to type up everything I found of interest (and there were many), I decided to highlight some of the things you’ll learn from each chapter.
- How much weight you should be gaining
- Whether you’re gaining weight too fast
- When should you be worried about gaining too much or too little weight
- Whether you’ll be able to take your weight off afterwards
and other questions you’ll have like how long it will take to lose the weight after the baby arrives, if you’re going to gain a lot of weight in the butt and hips area, how to work with your body type, etc…
CHAPTER 2 HEMORRHOIDS, HEARTBURN AND OTHER JOYS OF PREGNANCY…
- About your changing body – and how all the changes are normal
- Most common physical complaints and tips for coping with them
- The “true” joys of pregnancy (really!)
and quick and useful tips on what to do for many of the real complaints pregnant women have.
CHAPTER 3 X OR SIZE
- Which exercises to DO
- Which exercises to AVOID
- How to get FIT for delivery
- What to do NOW to make it easier to lose weight after your baby arrives!
- Crucial information for pregnant women thinking of exercising; serious and honest warnings and guidelines
- Difference between exercise and activity; and three ways to tell the difference
- Different types of exercise choices available
CHAPTER 4 WHAT’S THE SCOOP ON FOOD?
- How to AVOID putting on unnecessary pounds
- How to Eat right for BOTH you and your baby
- How to Fight every lows
- How to crackdown on food cravings
- Practical information you can apply to your everyday situations like what to order at Starbucks
- Concise information on many different types of food for pregnant women
CHAPTER 5 PREGNANCY HAS A GLOW – LET THE BEAUTY IN!
- How to be a pregnant bombshell
- How to dress to turn heads (be that hot mama you’ve always wanted to be)
- How to avoid sagging breasts, stretch marks, cellulite, varicose veins
- How to get rid of puffy eyes, pregnancy acne, and dry itchy skin!
- Tips on minimizing stretch marks
- About SHEAR butter and what it can do
CHAPTER 6 LABOR OF LOVE: THE END OF THE BEGINNING
- Final tips about labor
- What to expect
- What to do
- What no one tells you but should
- Common labor myths
I thought that considering the details of some of the sections, it would have been great if Michelle covered a bit more in depth about epidural, but this is likely due to her having had a very quick and easy labor of only 20 minutes (I know! Only 20 minutes!)
- Top 10 challenges for new moms and solutions
CHAPTER 2 GETTING YOU STARTED ON YOUR MAKEOVER
- What you need to do for this program to WORK for you
- How the program is structured (i.e., how the exercise and food plans work)
- 8 easy steps to help you GET GOING
CHAPTER 3 STAGE 1: GENTLE RECOVERY (0 to 6 weeks or otherwise recommended by your doctor)
- How to melt your pregnancy pounds and get rid of your flabby tummy
- When it’s safe to start working out
- All about your abs
- What you need to know about breastfeeding and exercising
- Which exercises you should start doing first
- How to get started with Stage 1: Gentle Recovery Exercises and Food Plan
CHAPTER 4 STAGE 2: GETTING YOUR BODY BACK (6 weeks to 3 months or otherwise recommended by your doctor)
- What you still need to be cautious about when exercising
- Which type of cardiovascular exercise you should be doing
- How hard you should be working out
- How to get started with Stage 2: Getting Your Body Back Exercise and Food Plan
CHAPTER 5 YOUR HOT MOMMY MAKEOVER (3 months and beyond or otherwise recommended by your doctor)
- The importance of a lifestyle program
- How to exercise efficiently and effectively
- The best way to burn fat
- How to get started with Stage 3: Hot Mommy Makeover Exercise and Food Plan
CHAPTER 6 BODY TYPE SECRETS
- All about the SECRET of body types
- How to tell which SPECIFIC body type you are
- The basics on working with your body type to get great results
- Exercise and eating solutions for each body type
Now that we’re done covering all the books and chapters in detail, let’s go over some of the good and bad things about the program.
The Bad Points
- Each book is password protected. I found having to enter the password each time to read the book was a bit cumbersome. If the books could have been just unlocked once, it would have saved me some time looking up the passwords every time. Mind you, I just kept the passwords in a text file on the desktop so it was easy enough. Or I guess I could have printed the books, but I actually prefer looking at books on my computer.
- When I first got the package, I remember feeling a bit overwhelmed. It would have been better if Michelle could somehow integrate everything into fewer files. But I guess that would make it more painful to look up individual items in larger files. So ok, fine, I’ll withdraw this comment.
The Good Points
- If you haven’t guessed it by now, I really love this package. Everything is laid out in simple and clear terms that’s easy to understand. The last thing you need when pregnant is to try and figure out difficult medical language.
- It’s obvious Michelle has put a lot of thought into this creating this program. One of my favourite things is the clickable links within the ebooks (links to exercises or in the Table of Content as I mentioned earlier).
- Another thoughtful addition included in the packages were the PDf files. I don’t mind reading things on the computer, but am not a big fan of entering data in spreadsheet programs (I hate Excel with a passion). Having PDF files to print and use with a pencil was a huge bonus for me.
- I really liked the fact that Michelle is a real person of great experience and they show in the books. Her recommendations based on her experiences alone may not necessarily for everyone, but it adds a much more personal feel to the whole book and that makes it a much more pleasant read.
My Conclusion and Recommendation
If you’re pregnant, thinking of getting pregnant, or have recently given birth, you’ll want Pregnancy Without Pounds. Actually, even if you gave birth a while ago, but are still fighting that “pouch”, you’ll benefit from this book.
It has all the answers you need in one place so that you can stop searching and start doing. I really enjoyed reading the books and wished that some sections were longer. You’ll appreciate Michelle’s easy and candid writing style too.
On topics where a male writer simply won’t do, Michelle shines through with her depth of experience and knowledge. Put it to good use. Get the book. That’s my recommendation. I only wish I had found out about this book earlier instead of waiting till my fourth pregnancy.
(I suppose we could always have another baby although my husband would freak out at first….again)
I really hope you found this review of Pregnancy Without Pounds helpful. I wish you and your family (especially the baby) all the best, and easy and healthy birth.